Retain your connection with Trinity!
Outgoing and former members of the Trinity Postdoctoral Society are warmly encouraged to apply for an affiliate alumni status with Trinity College upon the conclusion of their Postdoctoral Society membership.
By applying for affiliate alumni status, you will be joining a global network of the 15,000 members of the Trinity Alumni community. We look forward to receiving your application.
What benefits will you receive?
In addition to receiving occasional updates and invitations from the Postdoctoral Society, affiliate alumni of Trinity College are entitled to a range of benefits and services within the College.
- A Trinity Members’ Card will be issued, allowing access to the College grounds and Chapel/Wren Library for the affiliated alumnus/alumna and up to three guests via Great Gate or The Avenue.
- Advance booking is not usually required to visit Trinity, but please note that occasionally some areas of the College may be unavailable to visit.
- We ask that you respect the privacy of current members living in College.
- Your Trinity Members’ Card should also enable you to visit any other College or College building, and entitles you to a 10% discount on all purchases at Heffers bookshop.
- You will (by opting-in) receive regular e-communications from the College, including the monthly e-newsletter and digital editions of the Annual Record (review of the year) and The Fountain (alumni magazine).
- You will be invited to ‘virtual’ events, such as Trinity Research Talks and In Conversations.
- You may have the opportunity, via the Postdoctoral Society, to purchase a ticket to the Postdoctoral Formal Hall. A limited number of tickets will be made available for sale (one postdoctoral alumnus/alumna and up to one guest per transaction).
- You can register for Trinity Members’ Online, the bespoke e-networking and e-mentoring platform, exclusively for Trinity alumni. Here you can take advantage of the members’ directory of over 2000 alumni to seek advice or to offer your own expertise to help others. LinkedIn synchronisation allows quick and simple set up of your profile: www.trincam.aluminate.net
- You can register to join any of our Alumni Associations – professional and social networks of alumni in specific industry sectors or geographical areas. To find out more about our Associations, visit www.trin.cam.ac.uk/alumni/community/benefits/associations
- You can book a punt (chauffeured or self-punt) from the Punt House on Garrett Hostel Lane at a discounted rate upon presentation of your Trinity Members’ Card. For further information and to book, please contact the Puntman on 01223 338483.
Please note, we are unable to offer College Accommodation, College Dining (apart from the Postdoctoral Formal Hall described above), or access to the College libraries or Reading Room.
Should any of these benefits or restrictions change in future, this page will be updated accordingly.
Should you have any queries regarding the member benefits available to affiliated alumni, please contact [email protected] or call 01223 761527.